- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons ancho chile powder
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt plus more
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- Ingredient info: Ancho chile powder is available at Latin markets and some supermarkets.
print a shopping list for this recipe view wine pairings
Toss chicken with ancho chile powder, cumin, and 2 teaspoons salt in a large bowl to coat. Cover and chill for 2 hours. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with a thin layer of oil. Working in batches, place thighs in skillet in a single layer (do not crowd). Cover and cook until a crust forms, about 5 minutes. Turn; cook, uncovered, until thighs are just cooked through, 3-4 minutes longer. Transfer to a platter; let rest for 5 minutes.
Cut chicken into 1/2″ cubes. Transfer with any accumulated juices to a medium bowl. Season with salt. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Let cool slightly. Cover; chill. Rewarm before serving.
Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Cumin-and-Ancho-Chicken-395915#ixzz1yTmhG9Tn
Trackback from your site.