1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 leeks, white and light green parts washed and sliced into 1/4-inch slices
2 cups chopped yellow onion
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 large Yukon Gold potatoes (1 lb.), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
4 cups vegetable stock
2-3 teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves
1. Heat a 4-quart soup pot over medium heat and add the oil.
2. Add the leeks, onion, and sea salt and sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring often, until the onion begins to turn translucent.
3. Add the garlic and stir well. Cook for 1 minute more.
4. Add the potatoes and vegetable stock, cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer. Cook 20 minutes.
5. Remove the soup from the heat and use an immersion/stick blender to blend the soup or cool slightly and use a traditional blender. Blend the soup with the fresh rosemary leaves until smooth and free of chunks.
6. Warm over low heat until heated through. Serve hot.
Serves 4 – 6.
Recipe by Care2make.com