Makes 15 mini quiches
This recipe can be made in muffin tins as crustless or follow this pie crust recipe.
1 cup flour
½ cup Good Earth Buttery spread
4 T ice water
2 tsp olive oil
1 pint fresh sliced mushrooms or 4 oz can
1 cup chopped red or green bell pepper
1 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 ½ tsp tahini
24 oz firm tofu rinsed drained and crumbled
1 tsp salt
1 T chicken-style seasoning or dry chicken broth
2 T nutritional yeast
1. PREHEAT oven to 375 degrees.
2. HEAT oil in medium skillet. Sauté mushrooms, peppers, onions and garlic for about 4 minutes. Add tahini and mix well.
3. COMBINE remaining ingredients in large bowl, then mix in cooked vegetables.
4. FILL each well of greased mini muffin tin with ¼ cup of mixture and press down to pack ingredients.
5. BAKE for 25 minutes until edges are golden brown.
Modified from a Vibrant Life magazine recipe.