1. Put 1-2 Tbsps. of seeds or 3-4 Tbsps. of beans in a wide mouth jar.
2 Cover with netting or cheesecloth and secure with a rubber band.
3. Rinse a couple of times, then fill the jar ¾ full with pure water and soak 6-8 hours or overnight at room temperature with room temperature water.
4. Drain soak water. Rinse 2 or 3 times in cool water.
5. Invert jar and prop at angle in sink or bowl to drain.
6. Rinse 2 to 3 times twice a day in cool water. During sprouting days as specified in chart below.
7. Place sprouting jar in bright light, but not direct sunlight, except for last sprouting day to allow chlorophyll to form, which is the green healthy stuff.
8. Enjoy in three to seven days.
Seed sprouts, like alfalfa or red clover are 1” (2.5 cm) to 2” (5cm) long when ready. Bean sprouts, like lentils or peas are ¼” (.5cm) to ½” (1 cm) long when ready. These are more tender when small. Mung beans are 1” (2.5cm) to 2” (5cm) long when ready. They are best grown in the dark to prevent bitterness. They should be rinsed 3 to 4 times a day. Taste the sprouts as they are growing to see when you like them best.
9. Drain well. Cover the jar with a lid, or transfer to a covered container. Refrigerate to store.
|Food||Hours to Soak||Days of Sprouting|
Trackback from your site.