Struggling With Infertility?
Infertility describes a couple that has not been able to conceive after having unprotected sex for at least one year. The cause of this emotionally draining problem can be one of many physical or chemical factors. At inHealth Clinic we’ve found that fertility is negatively affected by extreme stress which can wreak havoc with sex hormones, adrenal hormones and blood sugar levels. Modern society values hard work and long hours without any consideration to how they affect a human being!
In most cases, fertility is most likely due to causes in a woman’s system. A woman’s system is more complicated than a man’s with more things that can go wrong at any one time. However this rarely means that there aren’t problems associated with both parties, that with some herbal intervention, can be fixed.
Some of the common causes of infertility are:
- Estrogen/ progesterone imbalances
- Improper processing of hormones through the liver
- A hostile uterine environment
- Timing of sexual intercourse
- Irregular cycles
- Low sperm count
- Adrenal fatigue causing a hostile environment within the body
- Blood sugar dis-regulation disorders
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Delayed Childbearing
The average time that it takes to get pregnant is 3-6 months. However, a history of some of the above risk factors may make conceiving more difficult. The best plan for easy conception is to get your body healthy first. Then, if you haven’t gotten pregnant and you are wondering what to do next, we suggest being seen in our office.
During your appointment we will spend 90 minutes going over every detail of your health history. What surprises people is that we won’t just talk about your reproductive function, but other areas of your health as well. As you can see from the above list, problems like adrenal fatigue, blood sugar issues and stress can be the cause of your infertility as often as a true reproductive system issue.
One common approach to infertility is intrauterine insemination. Doctors will usually attempt this 3-4 times before recommending moving on to invitro-fertilization. While these two procedures sound relatively simple, the hormones that a woman is placed on to stimulate increased egg release, as well as the strong hormones needed to maintain the pregnancy can leave a woman whose body is already stressed or under pressure even further away from conceiving. At inHealth Clinic we work with our patients to make sure the body is optimally prepared to carry a child. Even if natural solutions don’t work we can modify and work with you so that you will be able to sustain and conceive while doing IUI or IVF.
Here is a typical treatment program for infertility:
- Stress reduction activities
- Normalizing stress hormones both before infertility and those that occur with it
- Acupuncture to improve pelvic blood flow or for improving sperm quality and quantity
- Supplements for any vitamin deficiencies such as B12 or amino acids
- Lab evaluation of hormone levels
- Botanicals for balancing hormones or bringing levels back into place
- Bio-identical hormone management
The above is just a sample as each treatment plan is developed specifically for each woman’s body and reasons for infertility. We are proud to have a history of success at inHealth Clinic and would like to help you on the road to parenthood. We offer a free 10-minute phone consult where we can determine if we can help you or if you would be better served with another professional.