Dona’s Quinoa Pasta Salad
From Cooking for Healthy Healing, by Linda Reetor-Page
- Rinse 2 cups quinoa in a colander under running water. Place in a pan with:
- 2 cups water
Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until water is absorbed. Drain and cool.
Toss with the following ingredients and chill well:
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped basil or 1 tsp dried
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 shallot minced
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- 24 cherry tomatoes halved
Whisk ½ cup fresh lemon juice and ¼ cup olive oil together. Pour over and toss with salad. Serve on tangy lettuce leaves.
Nutritional analysis: per serving; 318 calories; 7gm protein; 51gm carbohydrate; 5gm fiber; 11gm fats; 0 cholesterol; 76mg calcium; 3mg iron; 114mg magnesium; 386mg potassium; 34mg sodium; 2mg zinc.