Easy, Slow Simmer Lentil Soup From Cooking for Healthy Healing, by Linda Reetor-Page
Easy, Slow Simmer Lentil Soup
From Cooking for Healthy Healing, by Linda Reetor-Page
Makes 6 servings
- 1 Clove minced garlic
- 1 Chopped onion in 2 Tbsp oil until clear and fragrant.
Add and bring to a boil:
- 4 cups Water
- 1 -14 1/2 oz canned tomatoes with liquid
- 1 cup lentils rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp tamari
- Reduce heat and simmer 1 ½ hours until lentils are tender.
- Add 1 cup thin sliced carrots and 2 tbsp lemon juice during last 15 minutes of cooking.
- Garnish with snipped parsley or Cilantro and serve hot.