Farmers Market Salad with Japanese Miso Dressing by J.A.
Wash in cold water, rinse and spin until completely dry the following:
- 1 cup sunflower sprouts
- 2 endives – cut crosswise in 3/8 inch slices
- Small radicchio -cut crosswise in 1/2 inch slices
- Small romaine lettuce -cut crosswise in 1 inch slices
Toss together with:
- 1 carrot, cut into thin strips
- 1 spring onion or green onion cut white and light green parts crosswise in thin slices
- 1 avocado cut in small pieces
- Miso Dressing:
Whisk together in a small bowl until blended:
- 2 Tbsp. roasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. Hikari Mild Sodium Organic Miso (can be bought at Mitsuwa Marketplace on Saratoga Ave.)
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
Proportions of miso, sesame oil, and vinegar can be adjusted to your own taste.
Drizzle Miso Dressing over salad greens and toss just before serving and sprinkle 1 Tbsp roasted sesame seeds on top.